Thought I would share this. Most of you have seen my posts in the water chemistry forum about adding lime and my alkalinity/pH. I put 8 tons of lime out a week and a half ago. We got our first rain in a month the past couple of days.

In the past every time it rained, my fish would go off of feed for 3-4 days. We got around 1.5" over two days. Not much, pond didn't come up but a few inches. The ground was very dry, soaked it up quickly. But went to feed yesterday and it looks like I have a bloom. I have a green tinge to the water that I have not seen before. Is it possible this late in the year to get a bloom? Very nice color.

What I really saw that I was proud of, was frisky fish. Normally after a rain my pH would swing. I didn't check it, but from observation it didn't swing this time. The fish were jumping out to get the optimal. Probably the friskiest I have ever seen them before. With the color they could not see me as well I guess. When I would feed before I would have to walk off before they would start really hitting. This time they were hitting within 5 feet of me with no hesitation. I do not know if the lime could have effected it that quick or not. I was proud to see the fish not come off feed and get lathargic like they normally did after a rain. If anything this is a good example of what lime can do for your fish when you have a low alkalinity and get pH swings after rains. Lots of stress I guess. My pH would be in the 8's then swing to mid to high 5's after a raing.

Thanks guys for all your help!! Looks like we are on the right track!!