I like the idea of mixing in the RES in lieu of some of the BG and adding forage fish at least initially, but I do not see the HSB as an option from the fisheries here in Missouri. I suspect that they are not that well adapted to the area or at least not for (very) small ponds. By the way, my OP states the generic guidelines as I have reduced the numbers for my 1/4 acre pond. I assume Brian is talking fish per acre. If that is the case, I would be inclined to consider the following for my small pond...

88 BG
25 RES
5# FHM
8 LMB

This list substitutes LMB for the CC unless there is some ecological reason to have CC. I do not expect to grow big bass, in fact, from what I have read, any LMB over the 12"-15" length should be removed so that they do not get big enough to eat the larger BG while the smaller LMB will help keep the BG and RES from overpopulating. It would appear from my research the small ponds are best suited for growing sizable pan fish (BG, RES, etc.) compared to LMB and CC. I'd like to throw a few CC in, but hate to reduce the number of LMB, especially with Brian's recommendation of 10:1 (or worse). I have to say that the limited reading I have done states (at least for my area) that the ratio of panfish to LMB plus CC to pan fish is more like 3(panfish):1(larger predator) for initial stocking. Maybe they are assuming a higher die off rate for the LMB/CC, I don't know!

Fish on!,
Noel