It's more like what I did this week @ the pond. I fished for LLB for the first time since last June and lost one when she jumped and landed another. I just wanted to get a look. I don't want to get them hook shy so I am trying to hold off fishing for them until they are in the 6 to 8# range. Fish looked to be in the 13" size and I could not believe how heavy she was. Did not weigh her but she felt like she had been eating lead. I would bet she was in the 150 rw range. I've been brush hoggin and planting winter wheat, elbon Rye and clover around the pond and hoping for some rain, the pond is down about two feet. I have been careful about running well water due to past experience's killing some nice cnbg earlier, most likely due to low DO. And have had no rain since early August. Learning diffusers increase evaporation. I need some fall rains. Almost forgot to mention, I picked up another 30-10" HSB from Todd Overton's and he checked the Alk. and water hardness from my ponds water sample. One last thing, I learned I can kill cnbg by overfeeding. Thanks Todd for your suggestion, no more dead cnbg.

Tracy

Last edited by TGW1; 10/11/16 08:40 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy