Originally Posted By: RC51

Esshup coming from you who sells fish I understand your statement for sure but the average guy with a pond is that really his biggest worry.. I wouldn't think so... a few days without food if something went wrong wouldn't hurt my fish heck I could go a week or 2, but like I said I only supplement feed I don't want my fish dependent on my fish food.

RC, it all depends on the individual pond owners goals. I have clients that don't feed at all and never will, others that hand feed, others still yet that have feeders.

If you want to take fish out of the pond to eat, feeding them will allow them to grow faster, and can "turn" inventory faster from pond to table.

RC, you are a DIY guy. Think about the guys that aren't handy like you, but want to feed the fish, and they might not live at the pond. So they buy a feeder, have a company set it up for them, and who do they call when it doesn't work? Who would that person call to fix it, and would they expect it to be fixed for free? Every trip to a pond costs $$, and I'd be willing to bet that because it's under warranty the pond owner would expect the labor to be free too. It wouldn't take but a trip or two to a pond to chew up any profit made on the feeder, and then what? Will the customer be mad at you for selling a feeder that doesn't work 100% of the time? What if the feeder let water into the food? Who eats the cost of the food?

There are many reasons why I sell TH feeders. wink I like TJ also have a couple of feeders that I have here that don't work reliably, so they aren't in the store.....

Last edited by esshup; 10/07/16 07:50 PM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).