There is still no substantial rain in our forecast. The NW corner of Arkansas where I live and a swath across the south part of the state show up as abnormally dry on the federal drought monitor, but that doesn't tell the whole story. Isolated areas have had a lot of rain, and other isolated areas have more severe drought. A relative only 8 miles from me got 2.5 inches in a short drenching about two weeks ago. Had that happened here, I would have no pond worries. As it is, the pond is almost 29 inches below full pool, but I still have 8.5 feet of water in the east basin and 7.5 feet in the west part of the basin. All I am losing now is evaporation, only about 1/8 to 1/4 inch per day. The feed response from the CC last evening was excellent, after the sun warmed the water all day. I increased the amount of pellets by about 50% since I only threw a little AM 400 for the BG yesterday morning. I don't worry so much about a fish kill now that the water has cooled some and will hold more oxygen, even though I have lost substantial surface area in the shallows. Hoping to catch some catfish out of there in a couple more weeks, if I can catch the bigger non albino ones.