Originally Posted By: CMM
Thanks for all the ideas! So far we haven't sealed the wood. I will pull the boat in a month or so. We are planning on using a product designed to seal concrete. A paint like substance. I thought about bed liner, but as unsure if it would adhere well to wood. The deck especially is very waxy, Advantex brand 3/4 sub flooring.

Don't know the weight, am horrible about estimating these things! Two people can pick it up to flip it if needed.

I am going to the big computer later to email some photos of the build to another forum member, I will upload some to the new photo bucket account and post here as well.

Dono, have you used linex or similar product on wood? I like the anti skid effect and would like that on the deck at least if it wouldn't peel off. As stated, the deck is very waxy feeling, maybe some oil product to repel moisture.

Bed liner spray will swell and come off when constantly exposed to water. I would suggest an oil based silver paint and let it soak in. I have had indoor plywood last many years when exposed to wet weather and ground contact when using the oil based paint in this link Rustoleum Oil-Based Aluminum paint

I laid on several thick coats and let each soak in, in every drill/screw hole and wood edge.