What Shorty did not say is he takes the big plastics in the picutre and cuts them up into the small plastic that is on the jig head.

A small pair of sharp scisors works well to cut the plastics up.

I started doing this after Shorty showed this a while back and like it. I do not use the stop beads but think I need to. I just bounce it off the bottom but I think at times I need to be leaving the bait stay still longer or positioned just above the bottom. The stop beads properly positioned would allow me to do this.

The advantage to this as opposed to just casting the jig head alone is that the casting bubble allows the light bait to be cast almost anywhere a person is capable of casting a heavier bait. I also cast just the jig as pictured without the casting bubble, but a person is highly limited as to where the small, light bait can be cast. Also with the casting bubble acting as a slip bobber, it is heavy enough that you can let the bait sink, then slowly work it towards the shore by lifting the bait off the bottom, repeat as it moves toward shore. The casting bubble half filled with water is heavy enough to allow you to "work" the light jig off the bottom without it coming directly back to you.

Last edited by snrub; 09/28/16 03:33 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine