Thanks guys! That does shed some light. I see what you mean about the late maturing. I have caught one BG so far so thats what worries me. Other than that all GSF. I have seen three good spawns since the July. I stocked the BG on July 8. Hope thats what I have been seeing. I know patience comes in with control of the GSF....MAN patience is HARD...I don't know how you guys do it! I guess for now I will grow some really nice GSF and hope to have some BG/RES growing at the same time.

Here is another question for you GSF people. When they feed, do you see a difference in the way they attack the feed compared to BG? I feel like I can see a difference. The reason I say this is where "I believe" most of the BG are, I see a small swirl where they hit. It doesn't matter the amount of feed, time when I feed, or anything. They make a quiet swirl and small chirp when they hit the feed. Now everywhere else, where I know GSF are and I catch alot of then, the feeding is different. There is a splash and you can see the fish hit, then splash slightly sideways. It doesn't matter if the feed is right up on the shore where the little ones are or out further. They hit the same way. Now, that being said, am I crazy or has anyone else seen this? Seems the GSF attack the feed (optimal BG) where as the BG hit it but do not splash. I don't really have a way to prove this other than the BG I have caught are all from the shallow cove...but I have caught a few GSF there too...but not nearly as many as down the way in the shallows.

Thanks again guys!!

ewest...can you explain the similarity index? Is this spawning times or what?