Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
Your SMB are big enough that you now should have more than one dozen smallies. Look for signs of young ones. If you do fish trapping SMB readily enter fish traps.

Have to laugh. A year or so back one of the pros told me that SMB would most likely not spawn in a small puddle like mine so when I had a chance to pick up a few SMB to ladder stock yesterday I put in 4 at 7+ inches and 1 at 10+

I hope you're right Bill. I only have minnow traps and haven't seen any yet. I still have at least 3 LMB as well but no sign of recruits. I wonder with the predators we have in the pond if there will be any significant number of recruits even if the LMB or SMB do spawn. We caught several 9 to 10 inch YP and a couple 13.5+ inch WE last week on 3 inch GSH. I would think those YP and WE would like small bass the same as GSH. I guess time will tell. If we have some recruits they should show up on a hook next summer. grin

PS - I know we had at least 3 mature LMB at spawn time this year as we've caught a 15, 15.5 and a 16 in the last couple weeks. We harvested the 15 and it was a female.

Last edited by Bill D.; 09/20/16 09:17 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!