My family rented a farm this year in West Central Illinois, usda zone 6a. It has a rock quarry, probably 1 to 1 1\2 acres that I have been told has been there since the 40's. We measured the depth and it is pretty consistently 22 feet deep. Water clarity is what I would call mostly clear I guess. As far as vegetation there is none other than moss on the submerged logs.It is surrounded by trees and leaves are beginning to fall so I am sure it fills up with a lot of leaves. Not sure if this is good or bad. I have fished this quarry several times this year and have found that it is full of Green Sunfish. For every 20 to 30 we catch 2 that are maybe keepers. Also I have seen some larger fish 18 to 24 inches that I am certain are Common Carp. I have been unable to catch any other species of fish. I have tried Nightcrawlers and stinkbait using several different methods. I am planning on buying fish for stocking. I want to stock Channel Catfish. Would CC coexist with GSF?I also thought about just managing this quarry for GSF. They are fun to catch, tenacious biters and would be great for the kids. I really want a CC quarry. What should I do. Thanks