Thanks for all the help guys to answer some of the questions...

Catmandoo...lol this is the first time someone has mentioned they knew what Sisu is. So good catch,I'm 50% finn, although I've never been to Finland.

My dad does get a lot of enjoyment feeding the fish every night, so they are being fed With Purina Aqua chow, after my reading here I recommended he switch to Aqua Maxx for the next bag.

While there is perch and they are reproducing I don't think that they are doing well population wise. All of the floaters that they find are 10+ with one 14.5". I'm suspect that it maybe the well that gets pumped into the bottom of the pond. They do have two air diffusers so it may or not be D.O. Since it's well water I was told that Nitrogen can also be a problem. If the large YP are hanging out on the bottom, the could be getting the affects of the well water. That is also why I'm hesitant to go with Walleye. I asked if my parents would be interested in moving the water output to splash down into the water. The said at a last resort they would consider it.

I read that planting a wild fish can have diseases and unexpected guests. I also read that a northern pike would eat the bass and the large BG. Causing more issues.

I do like the idea of sexed LMB, but don't know of anyone around here that could do that.

I've read Managing Wisconsin ponds and they say that LMB and BG will both over populate in WI. Stating that in WI, the LMB will not eat as much of the BG as necessary resulting in too many BG and LMB

I've heard stories of LMB becoming hook shy and not being able to catch them, that's kind of a bummer.

Ewest...I know very little about this stuff everything I've learned is in the past 2 weeks. I would say I'm pretty sure they were HBG. There wasn't any noticeable reproduction for a year or two. Then bam lots of offspring. I would say almost all of the F1 generation were caught and used in fish fry's. There was a total of 2 or three plantings of HBG. I thought for HBG the first generation won't reproduce much but after that it's game on and reproduce as often somewhere between BG and GSF. I'm not much a perch fisherman. Most of my fishing is for trout in streams. Now most of the YP we catch with worms are around 6". I caught 4 around 10" last week and thought I would catch more but didn't. However they maybe all on the bottom in the center of the pond?

My uneducated assumption was that the YP numbers are too low and the FX HBG were too small to eat the FHM. I would say there is very little vegetation, only about 3' from shore. My mom doesn't like weeds and removes as much as she can.

Since we do like to eat BG, that is why I was leaning towards BG instead of HBG, just so don't have to plant new fish every year. Basically if we had the BG we would just eat the bass and the Medium sized BG. We like the idea of a self sustaining pond.

I will locate some pics and post them.
first attempt: It appears to have big eyes.

This one it's eye is looking down so looks smaller than it is

These are the big guys in the pond. Zero fish were kept last year. Do they look like stunted HBG?

Perch seemed to bleed very easy, hooked on the lip and was bleeding from gills. A little flopping on the grass turned into a bloody tail? YP are very well fed and always fat except for the 4-6" ones.

Last edited by Sisu; 09/01/16 08:10 PM. Reason: Pics