If you could get someone who could successfully sex some adult LMB and put some male only in they would take care of the HBG young until the LMB died of old age. Making sure you had only males would be the trick.

Also I noticed you said nothing about a feed program. Adding a fish feeder will not help with the over population, but it will almost double your carrying capacity thereby making the fishing and edible size fish much more productive.

So if you like the HBG (I do), something to eat the young without creating new problems ( like over production of LMB young) and adding a feed program to make the fish already there grow faster and thrive would be the way I would approach it.

On the other hand, if you added just a few LMB, they might also over populate some day, but you could also fish the young out aggressively and eat them just like the HBG. The limited reproduction of the HBG would likely give you skinny bass (because of lack of HBG reproduction so lack of food) but you could also add feed trained bass if you had a feeding program.

I'm no expert so these are just some ideas from another pond owner.

Last edited by snrub; 08/31/16 11:14 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine