Oh the joy of seeing your water flow out the overflow for the first time. My 1 acre pond filled 2 years ago this December. It was muddy for several months after it filled. Partially because some of my water shed area was without grass. I put the blue aqua shade in it and when it mixes with the red suspended clay it really looks unnatural.

Don't do what I did and put cat fish in. I think the stocking folks did me a favor and added more cats than usual and now I want them out. They muddy the water, and they get hook shy. I'm considering shooting them at feeding time....:(

Did you put any structure in your pond? They need structure if your going to stock it all at once. Those little ones need to hide.

I'm experiencing my first drought condition here in WV with my new pond. The water gods have not been generous this summer. Im a foot low for the 1st time since it filled.

The jar test is just going to show you that your muddy water will clear. Enjoy all of the new phases of pond management. Read a lot, and have fun with the best toy ever.

Last edited by ToddM; 08/31/16 10:59 AM.