I am far from an expert on this but Ill tell you about my similar plan. I have 2 newly renovated ponds that I want to stock a little differently from each other. So in march I started by stocking both with equal amounts of FHM and GSH. A month later I stock BG (2-3") in one but not the other. Both ponds are about the same size and similar types and amounts of structure (that is not much). I have stocked nothing else since then. The pond with BG has lots of FHM and GSH of all different sizes but nothing even close to the amount that are in the pond with no BG. I believe that because there are no larger BG in the pond they have been spawning almost continuously since about mid-June. My lack of minnows is more than made up for in the thousands of baby BG. So I think if your wanting a LMB pond I would stock the BG ASAP and not worry about the few FHM they will eat. Oh and I also have feeders set up at each pond slinging the same amount and type of feed. Without supplemental feeding I would imagine the minnows would take a bigger hit. Hope this helps!