TKD I am no expert but I'll take a shot at this. I have CNBG and RES and LMB and HSB in my pond. One thing is both BG and CNBG will do fine where you are located. I have some regular BG and I have not seen any difference in any of my Gills as far as size. CNBG and BG can cross breed I really don't think that's to big of a deal. You may not need RES right away if your pond is new but if your going to stock them I say why not go ahead and get it done. If your plan is to eventually have LMB and maybe a few HSB in the future You want CNBG IMO for sure. You need to remember what Bob Lusk always says.

BG and or CNBG are the backbone for forage for the LMB without it you will not keep up with feeding them. Unless your LMB are pellet trained and that's a whole other story.

Your RES wont produce many offspring but they are a good maintenance fish and fun to catch. Where you are from your CNBG can spawn up to 6 times a year maybe more and that will continue to feed your hungry, hungry LMB and in a couple years you will be pulling out some nice LMB in the 3 pound range or better if that's your goal. Its all about what your goals are.

My goal in my 1 acre pond was to have nice CNBG, and LMB and some nice HSB. 5 years later I have 10.5 in CNBG, 3 to 5 lbs LMB and 4 plus pound HSB... Nothing hugh mind you but fun and a great time to catch when you sink into one. So if it were me I would go with CNBG and RES. Then LMB at some point.

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!