SMB can reproduce even in absence of rock/gravel for beds - I have beds fanned on clay in my main pond every year. Myself and several others have documented SMB beds on clay on the forum in the past.

HSB will not "clean everything out", depending on stocking density, they are an apex predator but pelagic in nature and limited by a fairly small gape. Feeding HSB is a great way to ensure fast growth and also to help relieve pressure on the forage base.

HBG will not revert to GSF in 6 years - still a good idea as insurance to add HBG genetics every few years however.

The fishery advice you received, in my opinion, was not based on direct fishery management experience of these specific species.

Spent an hour providing consultation plus sent a detailed stocking strategy based on personal experience in addition to 8 years of forum research derived from fishery biologists nationwide in an effort to help. Not sure what else I can do at this point. I tried my best to help.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]