Can someone point me to a past thread that may have a picture of very young GSH? This summer has been a great time for spawn in my pond apparently. I'm seeing 2 year classes of YP, but I can identify those minnows since they lay still right on the sand and have vertical bars that go to the top of their body so you can pick them out.

But then I have 2 other streamlined minnow types. One type streaks around after pellets aggressively and seems that it might have a taller triangular dorsal fin like the adult GSH do. These team up on a pellet and work at it but really are speedy, kind of like adult GSH. Any pictures when they are at the very small minnow stage?

I think last night I saw a group of minnows all tugging on the same pellet, they were moving more slowly and they had a black streak all the way down the side. I'm hopeful/optimistic that this reflects my first YOY crew of LCS!! I'm trying to get a picture but it is tough.

Also while raking out FA last week I clearly have very young sunfish!! This means that even though I didn't see their spawning beds, my RES and or LES have spawned smile smile They must have chose a deep(er) water to spawn in.

Water is at full pool and is pretty clear so I might be able to get a picture at feeding time.

Looks like it will be time for smallmouth or HSB next year (summer or fall, not sure)

Thanks if someone finds some pictures for me!