To evaluate the true value of a polymer treatment, I encourage one to compare the costs of polymer treatment vs other leak reduction methods. Compaction often results in losing entire fishery to drain and move in equipment and the project can exceed the original pond construction costs - $10 - $20k or more. Even with compaction, there's no guarantee the leak[s] will be addressed. Ask me about it sometime, I know this lesson well.

A liner is likewise not only invasive and requires draining the pond/losing fishery, but even more costly when one includes professional installation I think it's $2/sq ft or more. 1/2 acre pond would run $40k+.

Or, one can take a chance on a polymer treatment which costs around $80/1,000 sq ft. EIGHTY dollars. When a polymer treatment improves seepage rate, even fractionally, it's a huge win compared to the alternative treatment methods. In the end, a pond owner is literally several thousand dollars ahead, not to mention they get to preserve their fishery and keep all their water and not have to start over from scratch. Oh, and the application can typically be completed in a few hours as opposed to weeks or months of planning, draining, seining, etc. Important to keep those numbers and details in mind when evaluating the efficacy and true value of the polymer treatment.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]