Hi Jeff

Whats your evaporation rate? What was your starting daily loss? You're looking at .33" daily currently, in Lincoln last two days it's been about .25" daily [hot and windy], so 80% of the loss would be due to evaporation [at least here in Lincoln], so you might be better off than you think. I sure hope so!

In my mind, there's very little difference between evaporation and leaking - one goes up, the other goes down - all ponds lose water over time between irrigation or rains. For me it's about reducing water loss to an manageable/acceptable standard. 3" weekly is the goal of many people - I work with folks losing 12" weekly or more. Every scenario is different, obviously.

IIRC you spot treated in area you suspected a leak, and that's the most cost effective way to approach a leak issue and encourage everyone to try and save money and use the sniper approach. However, one of the risks of spot treatment is you may treat some of the leaks, but potentially more exist in areas left untreated. In the end, a guy can live with the results or consider retreatment - at least there's a choice and no one has broken the bank yet. I always ensure to convey this to everyone - re application may be necessary to achieve desired results, and even then it may not happen. In 90%+ cases we've seen at least a 50% reduction in water loss - so historically speaking the odds are in our favor, but it's not an exact science by any means. Plenty of variables - and I'm still learning more daily. In the cases where it failed, I still have zero clue on what the heck happened.

Losing .33" daily in mid August doesn't seem too bad to me - but all depends on previous daily loss data and your personal expectations. Here to help any way I can.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]