Guys I am feeling the pressure! smile

When we went fishing in Thailand our gear was an old plastic bottle with a line wrapped around it, a rusty hook (salt water) and a chunk of squid.

Seriously though, she only likes spin cast reels (closed face). Those old Sabre reels have performed flawlessly for 45+ years. All metal parts except for the button and a small piece in the line pickup mechanism. No part has ever failed. I tried to source a QUALITY new reel for her a few years back and came up empty. I bought a couple but they crapped out after a couple years. The only thing she doesn't like on the old reels is the "direct drive" clutch that disables the drag when you're reeling. IIRC the feature was put in to allow you to horse a fish if he heads for structure where he could get hung up. You need to use a pump and retrieve motion with these reels if you have a decent fish on. If any of you guys know of a high quality spin cast, no direct drive clutch, that can routinely handle a 15+ pound CC, I would really appreciate you letting me know.

Perfect example of the loss of workmanship and quality over the years....

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!