One of my 6yr old daughters and I were dropping some brush in the pond the other day. We were doing this on the deep end right off the levee. As I was walking up and down the levee everything felt nice and solid. My pond filled for the first time this spring. Has dropped down fairly quickly to the level it is now. 5'0 probably since spring, but has slowed ALOT. Probably loosing 1/2" to 3/4" a day when its in the high 90's to 100 with wind. We have no trees and the pond sits north and south...the south end being the open end and where the wind normally comes out of.

Now back to the question...as I was walking up and down the levee, probably in a foot or less of water...as already stated it was solid...then found one spot that my foot sank into. If I stayed there I would continue to sink. Didn't mess with it much, but it was in a couple square foot area. Could this be a cause of seepage? Maybe since it got close to that point, this is why it has slowed so much? I'm thinking getting a bag or two of bentonite and packing in there. Would a soft spot like that cause a good seep then slow as it gets closer to it? Just curious.

THanks guys!!!