Had a friend over today for some BG culling and we caught 30 pretty decent ones in an hour.

After 4 years of raising them (as well as the HSB and LMB), there's no doubt it takes a certain mindset to put them under the knife, other than for the sake of fishery management, but given the circumstances, family and friends will be well fed!

Every one in my family loves fish and they either like the way I prepare it, or just happy I'm the one doing it (more likely). But with the downside of spending all my time breading and frying I decided to try and bread them before freezing and it works great. Now all I have to do is pull them out of the freezer and into the fryer or oven they go. Now I'm putting in the time before the fish-fry instead of during.

Snrub, I too use Panko bread crumbs and also crushed Corn Flakes (mom's favorite), and for a thinner style breading, Zaterain's Crispy Southern Fish Fri is very good as well, especially for smaller fillets.

Fresh, fried and flaky! smile

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES