I fished the pond out of a boat for the first time yesterday. Surface water temp was 90 and a little lower around the diffusers but still pretty warm. Fly fishing for 21 month old cnbg. I mostly fished away from the 3 TH feeders because I was looking to see where else they might be hanging out. I had few bites unless I got close to the area where the feeders are. So, I am fishing with little luck and up pops a Beaver, right beside me. She dives under and pops up again maybe 50 yds away an then goes under again, never to be seen again. Where did that dadgum thing go? There are no visible signs of nesting spots in or around the pond. We did see a beaver about this same time last year, and only saw the thing once. I think the bayou some 300 yds away is very shallow right now with only pools of water, so she is coming from there, I have seen them there in the past. Two things came out of this fishing adventure, one was if you want to catch cnbg, fish the feeder area and two, carry the riffle next time.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy