hi all. grin

long time lurker first time poster.

anyway i've been planning an aeration system for my pond for a couple years now but just now getting ready to install one. i think i have most the basics down but just have a couple questions regarding diffusers.

first i guess i'll give you pond description.

it's approximately 1/3 acre (150x100), 15 year old clay lined lightly stocked pond. acre feet approx 2.56 with 834179 volume and depth fluctuates, per season, from about 14ft to 16ft.

i have a gast 0523 pump which by specs puts out between 3.2 to 3.8 cfm @8 psi. 8 psi is getting to the top of psi rating so i'm looking for a free flowing system to try to keep psi down. i'm going to be running 3/4 nylon tubing from my polebarn to my pond which is about 100 feet away. the i plan on running approx 75ft 5/8's or 1/2" weighted hose to the center of my pond.

now what i'm really not understanding is if i'll need 2 9" diffusers or will one do it. i think my pump by specs will push 2 diffusers but do i really need that much flow? and would running 2 be easier on my pump than one?

also i've read the vertex brand diffuser has some kind of restrictor installed that adds about 1 psi pump load to balance disks. which i dont want so can you remove the restrictors? would i even need to balance with 2 disks?

sorry about all the questions but i'm getting excited to see this thing through.

thanks, chuck

Last edited by kimber45; 07/25/16 08:56 AM.