About 20+ years ago I got mad at crows for eating the corn in my demand type deer feeder about 100 yards from the house. They were going through 50 to 75 pounds per week. I bought a varmint calling tape with the sound of young crows with an owl chirping. Then I put an owl decoy on a post at the house and a couple of crows decoys under it. It took about 5 minutes for the flock of pretty raucous crows to show up. They dive bombed the owl decoy. However only 2 lit in the tree above the decoys. I dispatched a couple of them. I tried it later in the year and the crows responded but would come no closer than 100 yards. I tried it yearly for about 10 years with the same results. Same flock of crows? I don't know but I figure the crows must communicate. I really ought to try another location on the property but haven't messed with it.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP