Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

Bear in mind evaporation rates for a bucket and a pond are not equal, rates for a pond will be higher. There's no hard rule as it depends on many variables of the pond, just keep that in mind when comparing pond evaporation vs. bucket rates. What was your daily water loss prior to treatment? [/quote]
TJ
I kept records all during the draught from Jan to May. I'm traveling and don't have that info with me. Good to know about the different evaporation rates. I guess that would mean my leak is not as bad as I thought. I do get very little wind on the pond, as its surrounded by trees.
I won't see the pond for a week and a half, so no data for a while. We did get 2-3" more rain yesterday. So, if anything, soilfloc is an excellent method to end a draught. I imagine my rain guage is overflowing at this point. I don't recall reading that on the label, maybe they should change the label to "rain maker!" wink

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023