I'm having an approximately .5 acre pond dug in September. I have acces to a lot of broken concrete and cinder blocks. Planning to stock with YP ,SMB , RES and HSB. Forage will be FHM and GSH. I plan to make three or so areas where I will run concrete from top to bottom of pond which should be around 15 ft deep. Also plan to make multiple piles of concrete and a shelf in shallow water for SMB spawning structures. Pond also will have riprap around border. The pond will used for swimming and fishing. I plan on using a bluing agent to keep water fairly clear and bottom aeration. I want to minimize algae and plants in swimming area mostly.

Question is will crayfish (from what I read papershells will be good) do fine in the blued water and will they make the water very muddy or will it stay the nice blue color?
Also do you have to worry about burrowing to where it will effect the banks any?

I am located in west central Ohio and have a small creek next to pond and crayfish will inevitably get into pond anyways.

Thanks, Scott

.75 acre pond dug in September 2016. YP, HBG, HSB, SMB, and RES.