Ok, im learning all the time. Im a newer here and am doing my best. My pond is approx 9-10 years old. I had it built. I have never seen any surface type of fish, IE bass bluegill minnows ect until this year.

Last year I caught three, (9-12) smallmouth bass from a private pond and put them in my pond.

I still have access to this pond and when time permits I had planned to go get some more. My pond is approx 2 acres maybe a bit less in size when full and get smaller as the summer progresses but even now is 12 ft deep in spots and is down.

I own a small paddle boat and recently we are seeing lots and I mean lots of small fish that follow us when we float watching the water. They look like smallmouth bass fry but I need to catch one and make sure. At times I see what looks like 100 in one spot.

Is it possible that just those three bass produced all these fry in a year? I have no idea if I even had a male and female in the three.

I have a minnow trap and have thrown in out in an attempt to catch one to confirm but no luck.

I dont own a small net to try that. But can buy one that is recommended?

Tomorrow I will attempt to get some pics. They look like they have a dotted black line that runs the length, maybe I just have minnows but their sizes vary.

thanks

RUMBLON

Last edited by RUMBLON; 07/13/16 07:03 PM.