Setterguy, rope grids are not needed in my opinion. The soilfloc floats on the surface and spreads around a bit on its own (even a light puff of wind will cause it to move around). Thus even if you put it in perfect 'lanes' it will move around on the way down.

I found that if applying from a boat that a 6' width was good. About 3' of that was you in the boat and the other 3' was the area of untreated water in front of you that you were throwing into. I marked 6' widths on the shore with a cheap paint can (any rattle can you have left over) Then I had 1 rope on front of boat and one rope on back of boat, each rope long enough to reach across entire pond. One person on each rope and slowly move boat across while I spread product. Then the shore folks move to the next mark on the bank and you start back across the other way.

This way I had an even 3' of open water to broadcast the powder in and with the powder moving slightly on a calm day you still ended up with a good overlap and good coverage. If you are worried you can always go back and retreat trouble areas with another 'coat'

I have a thread that gives much more (painful) detail if you care to read it.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 07/07/16 10:57 AM.