I wish you would have gotten some of this. 1.5" on the second which was fine then 4.4 on the third and it came fast and hard. Still have about one third of our soybeans to replant because of wet fields and it is getting late. But would much rather have too wet than too dry like you. Hope you get some.

Got a jar of the chartreuse waxies like you left me but I don't think they are quite as good as the ones you gave me. They catch fish just as well but it seems like they are of a less firm foam material and they come off the hook easier. I only get one or two fish before I have to replace. frown I was getting 4 or 5 per baiting with yours. These are about the same consistency as the Gulp pink maggots I got, which seem to catch BG very well also.

Trying to thin out my 6.5-7.5" range BG. Seems like I have a huge number of that size and few LMB large enough to eat them. Have cleaned a couple batches of 30. Not sure I am making a dent in the population but they sure tasted good. grin Putting the bigger ones (8-9"+)back in for my brood stock to make more babies.

Hope you get some rain. We are doing a motorcycle ride tomorrow with wife, daughter and grandson to Eureka Springs. Then next day south on the Pig Trail. Will wave as we go by!

Edit: Fish cleaning table works great! Wife loves it. smile No more mess or smell in the kitchen.

Last edited by snrub; 07/05/16 07:04 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine