Gonna' dust off the soapbox this evening, so be warned. I've been feeding Optimal all year, and seeing great results. The fish have responded well, and since I find myself feeding a larger amount than I had anticipated, I ran out and had to reorder. The new product arrived this evening, and I was eager to get back into a normal routine....been out for three days.

Unfortunately, I was dismayed to discover the "old" Optimal my fish had grown accustomed too, is apparently no more? This new stuff has different sized pellets, one being absolutely huge by my standards, and one approx. the size of AQ500. What gives? Why, why do feed manufacturers keep fiddling, adjusting and tweaking? I understand the need to keep abreast and continue product enhancement, I really do. But al least continue the "old" stuff for those who don't want multiple sized pellets, partially sinking food, or a product heavy enough to be thrown by a mechanical feeder. I don't want any of that stuff....I already know what works for my fish, and the latest and greatest trend does not interest me in the least.

I also realize that producing multiple sizes of feed, like AQ does, costs money. I would gladly pay more for the product I want. Just give me the option to purchase it. As it is, my bluegills, both the hybrids and the northerns, consumed the small pellets and rejected the larger stuff. It floated up to shore. Maybe they will learn to eat it, I certainly hope so. But will the benefit obtained by feeding a great product be lessened, by having to wait a month for the fish to learn to eat it???

Rant over, sliding soapbox back under bed.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.