Rainman frankly i don't know the ratio of Bluegill to Bass at the stocking or the break down of types of forage. We are in Wood Co. Texas and the guy that i bought our property from (who is also a neighbor out there) was a guide on Lake Fork for years and he expressed an interest in stocking it so I let him do it. If you look around the banks there are thousands of minnows swimming around and in the evening I can see a healthy amount of Bluegill (small to up to 8 or so inches) swimming around our Green Monster underwater light with the bass. There does not "appear" to be a shortage of bait fish in our lake but i don't have a trained eye on this matter. But the facts don't lie. My Bass are a bit stunted in their growth. Two years ago I was catching many 2,3, and 4 pound Bass. I haven't caught a 2 pound Bass in almost two years. Going back to the Crawfish topic...my lake bottom is clay or soil with no rocks and I get your comment about the "One meal proposition". I was told that Crawfish mate/spawn up to 3 tmes a year so I thought maybe some would survive the initial stocking so the population could grow. Esshup I have spent enough time on this forum to know that when you speak...we all better listen. I don't know if I can physically catch and cull enough to meet your recomendation. I may need to look in to electrofying to get a large # of fish out. Thanks to you all.