Originally Posted By: snrub
"The first night every plant in all 3 aquariums got uprooted and was floating the next morning. Needless to say, I relocated the ones from the aquariums to the pond!"
laugh

Years ago the wife, kids and I caught various creek critters to put in an aquarium. Wife went to lots of trouble to plant some different plants into the bottom. The craws did exactly what you said. They commenced to digging out and eating every plant and rearranging the aquarium to suit their wants instead of my wife's wants. Needless to say she was not happy about it.

In another situation, again years ago, wife had a few fancy tail goldfish in a small aquarium. Kids and I caught a few craws and put them in there. Wife noticed the fancy tail goldfish tails were getting shorter and ragged. One day we saw one of the small craws holding on to the tail of a goldfish with one pincer and eating the tail with the small pincers while the goldfish swam frantically around. Wife dispatched the craws. grin Boys and I just thought it was funny. She was not amused.

Snrub,

LOL!
Yeah, I had one in an aquarium when I was in college (plastic plants! smile ). The guy would climb up to the top of the plants and jump out trying to catch fish. He ate a lot of my fish. He didn't grab them with a pincher. He wrapped both pinchers around them kind of like a cage.

TGW1,

Vegetation control is one of the goals. I am hoping they at least help control my FA if I can get a good population established.

Last edited by Bill D.; 06/23/16 04:34 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!