Archer82 -

To answer your questions: Pond is approximately .66 of an acre and is 11' deep in the deep end when full. It is a dug and dammed pond. The leak was occurring along a 200' section of one end of the pond. the higher the level in the pond - the more it leaked. Aquaben recommended treating that area - which was about 1/3 of the total pond surface area. I used one unit of A and one unit of B applied 1/2 unit at a time - 7 days apart. Before treating, I was advised to drag the bottom of the pond to stir up the mud before applying the Soilfloc so that it could carry the mud to the leak areas. Since there was a small amount of stringy weed on the bottom of the pond, I killed that first with Cutrine to make sure the weed would not inhibit the ability of the product to work. Was applied on a windless day with an aluminum boat and a small electric trolling motor working one end (50' wide) and working backwards till complete. You must do this when there is absolutely no wind.

When this showed no sign of slowing the leak, the coarse grind was recommended - and you can read in my earlier post what the result of that was. Hope this helps explain.

Last edited by Pond Star; 06/22/16 03:09 AM.