I took the family for a much appreciated vacation today to a lake about an hour north. The lake has been challenging to fish but it has a pretty nice pumpkinseed and BG population. I'm seeing schools of bass minnows in the shallows. The lake is shallow, weedy but has a few deeper holes that may produce some pike.

When we arrived of course the kids wanted to go swimming but we were met by warning signs staked on the shoreline indicating that chemicals would be sprayed today. I guess the chemicals are done every 2 weeks for 3 applications. The company does a route of several lakes in the area. For the first time the names on the sheet sound familiar smile

Here is what they are using:
Adjuvant (cygnet Plus, PolyAn, AGridex)
Chelated Copper (Cutrine Plus, Captain, Symmetry)
Copper Sulfate (Old Bridge, Triangle Brand)
Diquat Dibromide (Redwing, Reward, Solera, Tribune)
Endothall (Hydrothol 191)
Endothol (Aquathol K(

There was a check by each chemical category and a notice for no water contact for a full 24 hours.

They came around noon and there was a stiff wind with chop. They went around each property by the docks, in the coves but I have to believe most of the chemicals blew with the wind to the other side? Perhaps it sinks quickly but today was not an ideal day for a treatment.

Any idea if this concoction is typical? I see zero FA so maybe they are only treating rooted pond weeds?

The boat drove around the place we are staying and did not treat on our frontage as the kids were in the water all day prior to the boat coming to our side of the lake.

Will the chemicals cause skin problems? I assume the chemicals from the opposite shore on a round 200 acre lake would sink before blowing across but not sure. The wind was active.