Nice HBG caught yesterday. Largest to date. Have not caught any of the original stocked HBG (accidentally -about 30 total) for a long time because I fished the limited number out and moved to my old pond. That was before I decided I really liked HBG. This was one I had missed earlier. All the other hybrids that I have caught have been more recent introductions that naturally occurred in my sediment pond and I moved to the main pond. They are all smaller. Looking at this nice fish, wish I would have left them in the main pond!

Also caught a BG about the same weight but a half inch shorter. Had him laid out beside the tape just like the HBG pictured and when I snapped the digital picture the fish snapped and landed on the ground all covered in dirt. I got a picture of the tail gate and the fish went back in the water. But every bit as nice as the HBG pictured. Now if I could only get more of those 7-8" fish up in this range.

The second picture is something I did not expect to see. We cleaned some CC a couple weeks ago filled with eggs, but did not expect to see this little guy on the end of my hook about sunset. My wife was ecstatic to see the reproduction. I'm just hoping the CC don't get carried away with reproduction and the LMB can keep them in check. Was not really wanting to see this little guy but made my wife happy so not all bad.

Attached Images
IMGA1680.JPG IMGA1679.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 06/19/16 11:13 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine