I have a 4.5 acre pond with similar depths as yours that was completely covered with duckweed 5 weeks ago. Today I can report no living duckweed! I also had copious amounts of filamentous algae (almost all gone now). I topically sprayed with 37% diquat (20 oz in 15 gal sprayer) and Cutrine Plus ( 40 oz in 15 gal sprayer) plus 3 oz nonionic surfactant. Mix diquat in 15 gal water first, then add Cutrine, agitate then add surfactant, spray within a few hours of mixing. I initially used just diquat but adding the copper significantly increased the effectiveness. I would caution to only treat 1/3 to 1/2 of pond at a time to avoid fish kill. My brother has 7 acre pond and sprayed entire pond with some fish kill. I also have shallow water aeration diffusers running 24/7. Started the aeration one week before I started spraying. I repeat sprayed every three to seven days as soon as I saw new growth. Once I started down this path, I was a little afraid I might kill all my fish so I called in the state pond management expert for our area. He completely supported my course of action. I have sprayed 5 or 6 times using a 15 gallon battery powered sprayer on the back of my golf cart and use the boat for areas I can't reach with the cart.
I also used pond dye, two applications.

1st picture is one week after 1st treatment on May 14. The other two were taken today.

Attached Images
pond one week after tx.jpg pond 2.jpg pond 3.jpg
Last edited by Ptt; 06/18/16 10:38 PM.

She believed she could, so she did...

If the boots fit, buy every color