I really see the fish taking to the optimal pellets. After discovering on Saturday that there are some RES in the pond I'm very curious to see if they can learn from the other fish how to take pellets. Once they get a taste of them, even sampling them off the bottom, I would hope they would take to them well. Hmm...

I see goldfish scooping them up and probably some perch that move too fast to see, zooming in from below and tail smacking on the way back down. But sometimes now as the water is clearing I can see the broad side of a fish that may be a sunfish.

The fish are more tolerant of me standing there while they feed and are also coming into shallow clear water with little fear. I figure in a night or 2 when they are going at it I hope to suddenly seine them in and then I can get a better count on what is truly showing up for a meal.

Anyone know water temps that RES make their beds at? We had cool days and nights so water temps dropped a bit. I know they tend to bed in a little deeper water so I hope the water is clear enough for me to spot the beds. Right now visibility is about 20-24".