Since I can't reliably eye ball the poison ivy and know what is poison ivy and what is not, my thought was, someone can make a fortune if they could spray some otherwise nontoxic substance on the leaves and if they change color or some how make a change that is visible that other vines do not then we would have a good solution. This way folks could go to the wooded patch around their yards and spray this solution on the whole thing and the poison ivy would jump out at them. I don't know if this is even possible, but I thought if I can find some good healthy easy to identify samples it will give me a mini-laboratory to try various products one per leaf.

I was thinking starting things everyone has in the cupboard like dish soap, dishwasher detergent, laundry soap, then move on to vinegar, weak baking soda solution, rubbing alcohol, bleach, acetone, one of the many cans of cleaners in my wife's cupboard, etc.

The key to keeping ahead of poison ivy is preventing exposure and the problem with prevention is that it is very hard to pick out in a wooded area.

I've always thought if they could spray something on your skin that shows where the oil is (makes it change color) you might have a fighting chance to get it off in time.

I've read that the snails are eaten in asia, not so much taste, but a subsistence staple. I guess if someone wanted to buy the snails by the five gallon bucket for food that is fine with me. However, I'd say since they are invasive and like to make baby snails that it would be safer to destroy them.