I would say all three hybrids, with the last one being less certain.

I don't see the bright green bars that my GSF have, but that could be the picture. If you look back at my picture of the GSF the picture does not show them very well either, but in person they were very visible.

On the third one look at the shape. Notice the hump behind the head? Now look at my picture. A straight arc from the top of the mouth, with no hump. Of course this could be just because of a size difference. I think the way the third fish is being held makes it appear to have a large mouth. But it does not look large enough for a GSF. Having said that, I look back at my fish and it also does not look like the mouth is terribly big, but in person it was much more obvious (the mouth would have opened much wider.

GSF are noticeably wider in body than BG. Can't tell this feature in the picture.

It is a lot easier to ID in person holding the fish than looking at pictures.

So for me it is hard to say for sure, but my best guess is the third fish is also a hybrid.

Edit: I was typing when Shorty posted his opinion. He has seen a lot more fish than I have, and I think he has it right.

Last edited by snrub; 05/30/16 09:48 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine