It was an interesting day today. I was out planting Redbuds and Magnolias for Nattha (my bride). smile

Driving by the pond on the tractor I saw a snapper about 8 to 10 inches heading for deep water. I saw it once last year so I guess it survived. I love turtle meat so, if I catch it, I will be learning how to clean one.

The BG have been on the nest for a three or four days now. Interesting that I saw a female ready to burst eating pellets tonight. Guess that is what is meant by rolling spawn...Pond is in full bloom. Visibility has dropped to 20 inches or so. Perfect timing for the BG spawn.

Spotted a water arum in about 2 feet of water so I have at least one that made it from the ones I planted last year!

The plant I think is American Pondweed at this point, survived the winter and has leaves on the surface. I need to post a pic or two to get a positive ID. Interesting to me is that both this plant and my lilies come to the surface red color instead of green and then turn green. Is that normal?

Only had green Northern frogs until now. Tonight we have a bullfrog singing. I hope they thrive. We love frog legs! grin

Last year's YP spawn and the CC are the two big feeders when I toss pellets in the evening. I guess YP and CC can pellet train themselves if conditions are right.

Planted some pond plants this week as well:

Sagittaria latforia - saladupopl, Duck Potato

Elocharis plaustris - elplcrspba, Creeping Spike-Rush

Nuphar advena - Yellow nuadyepoliba Pond Lily

Iris pseudacorus - Yellow irpsyewairpl Water Iris

Scirpus acutus - Hardstem Bulrush

I love watching the evolution of the pond! Best investment I have ever made!

Last edited by Bill D.; 05/24/16 07:43 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!