I agree. For some reason, a muskrat decided that it wanted to cut through a poly line that went to a duck decoy.

Now that diffuser assembly is not working at all - it is blocked somehow, somewhere. So, I will have to bring a boat to the pond, and pull up the line all the way to the diffuser, and hope that I can pull up the diffuser with the self-sink airline. Why is a membrane diffuser completely plugged even with 25 psi??? It worked last Fall when shut off for the winter.......

I have learned my lesson, and it seems that it manifests itself in different ways year after year.

Whenever I invariably try to go a less expensive, DIY route it turns around and bites me in the butt 1-2-3 years later and I end up spending more $$ AND time to get it right than if I were to have spent the $$ in the first place.

Latest? Use 55 gallon barrels to make a floating dock they said. It will work for years if you silicone the bungs and screw them back in they said.

Now I'm trying to find "they" to help me pick up my floating pier and put real floats under it.........................

Not easy when you are working in water cold enough that you can't swim in, and it's deep enough that there is no way to touch bottom.

Price out what you want to do in the water. At $1.40 per lineal foot for self-sink airline, it's well worth it. I have made 700' runs on the bottom of a pond to a 5 disc diffuser air station. Plenty of volume to run it. .6" ID airline.

I would use Poly underground but never in the water. Too many things can go wrong at the wrong time.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).