Originally Posted By: DNickolaus
I've had colleagues and friends ask when they can come fish my pond. So far, my response that even I am not allowed to fish the pond has put most of them off. Some ask when I will fish my pond. I tell them at least 2 more years. None are in it for the long haul nor do they offer any reciprocity.

Nickolaus I can really relate to this. I have 3 very small cabins. So far the only one with furniture in it is mine, but I know as soon as I save up the money to furnish the other two I will start getting inquiries about "when can we use one of your cabins for a weekend"? Maybe I shouldn't even furnish the other two, but that would be weird too...lol.

#1. No one will ever be there when I am not there.

#2. I really am not excited about a lot of overnight visitors staying there except on rare occasions. Too many smokers, too many dogs, too many rug-rats, too much spilled sodas, drunks, bed linens to clean, trash to empty, fridges to clean. Close friends and relatives occasionally are about all I'm interested in.

I wouldn't even have the extra cabins, but my brother/partner unfortunately died in the middle of the project, so it is what it is.

But I know I will soon be inundated with requests.
I expect some will get their feelings hurt.
maybe I should charge a $175 "weekend maid fee" that will discourage those I really don't want there for a weekend anyway smile

Fishing has never been about the fish....