Hi! We just bought a new house with a pond. The property sat vacant for almost a year and had little to no maintenance prior to that. We are working with our extension folks on managing the pond and clearing out the cattails that are threatening to overrun it. The pond does have fish in it - some bass and some type of sun fish - no idea what they are. Nothing bigger than maybe 5-6" and plenty of smaller ones. Plus one 2' long koi. Yes, a koi vs a grass carp. I am wanting to get a better idea of what is in the pond so we can start figuring out what we may need to stock or thin out with the ultimate goal of some larger fish and adding two more large koi (which the extension folks said we could add now). I just don't want to start throwing in fish until I have a handle on what we have now and how many.

My son suggested dynamite (we are in the South after all) but I prefer to toss my dynamite on dry land. I am going to try using a seine net but I have no idea where to buy a well-made one suitable for what I need. I am hoping someone here might steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!