Nephew who works for a construction company brought home a fancy laser level so we shot the elevations and such. Decided we can raise the spillway about two feet without messing things up too much. It is currently about five feet below top of dam so that would leave plenty of safety margin.

We also measured my island. It is 311 feet tip to tip and shaped more like a banjo than I realized. The big part where I'd like to put a gazebo is 105 feet wide. The remainder is about 65 feet wide on average. In other words, about half an acre. The island is lower than the dam and is somewhat sloped towards the dam. I realized it during construction and would have preferred it the same height and level, but decided against insisting. I now regret that I didn't insist and offer to pay extra to ensure it was the same height and level. Now, I have a great stand of nice green grass which I hate to tear up and have to reseed if I redo... ...

Someday... I'll build that gazebo, deepen the levels and raise / level the island.

First priority is getting those sediment ponds finished - especially after reading Otto's article. I'll probably also have done or do a bit of work to make sure an alternate spillway is lower than the dam just in case we get a huge flood.

The application for fish stocking was sent in on August 30th so should be getting some real fish in it before too long.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]