I'm still working on ideas for this. I'm thinking of using a large PVC pipe as the stand pipe, mount in ground right at edge of pond. Then have another smaller pipe inside that can rotate, and 90degree off that towards the pond with a long arm. The long arm then can be rotated out over the pond, or can be rotated back to the bank for servicing the light. Still working on design.

As for the light itself, I'm going to buy one of those metal clamp work lights. I'm going to use a tiny LED light bulb that uses the standard screw in base to provide light. I'm thinking of using the GE brand stick light bulbs as they are very small and compact. I'll go with standard white light but can experiment with coloring the bulb green, yellow, even blue with a marker or even food dye to see if the fish care about color.

If anyone knows if a certain color light is better for fish, let me know.

Then I bought a tiny AC motor, 3000 rpm and will mount that just below the light. That way the whole thing will be one A/C plug. I do have to figure out a way to make the housing more water proof as it will be out in the rain. I may mount it in a tote or something.

There are several options for A/C motors (hobby motors, but I found small replacement fan motors I think used in ceiling fans? There are even 2 speed fan motors or buy one of those walmart $8 small clip on fans and 'harvest' the motor out of there smile

If it works out I'll post pictures.

I thought of doing it all DC as DC LEDs are easy to get and already in various colors, also DC motors are far more plentiful in that small size. I could use a A/C to 12vDC wall wart converter too, but since my housing already came for an A/C bulb off the shelf I thought I go with A/C bulbs and an a/c motor.