So our management strategy needs to change. Last fall we fished out roughly 20 LMB that either washed in or someone stocked a few that spawned. We fished until no more LMB were caught for several weeks, however, it was unsuccessful. This Spring we have sighted roughly 15 more LMB cruising the banks and now setting up on beds. Working on fishing them out but our tactics (nightcrawler nose hooked w/ small weight) from the fall are not as successful. So the questions I have:

1) What approach should I take on LMB, ie harvest all LMB caught, only take a specific slot, etc.?

2) Is it still feasible to stock HSB and WE this fall, or is that going to ask too much out of the forage base? Willing to dump WE and only go HSB.

3) Is it worth the effort to seine the LMB fry off of the beds close to shore? What size mesh is needed?

4) Better tactics for fishing out spawning LMB? (Side note, bird shot from 12 gauge doesn't work even when they are only in a few inches of water. It is fun though!)

5) Will supplemental stockings of YP be needed in the future? I understand this will need to be determined by catch logs but is it a definite or will heavy management of LMB allow YP to maintain numbers? I do have access to 8-10" YP at a great price.

I think that covers my questions, am I missing something? Thanks guys.