Originally Posted By: TGW1
Ewest, Thank you once again. As I said I am thinking I will reduce the fertilizer additions again from my last. I am truly concerned I might over due it and that will not be good, EVER!! But I hope to have air added by July and that may help if I mess up, but man I do not want to kill these fish, fish are not cheap !! And from your post, I was thinking I was limited to 300 lbs per acre if fertilizing and feeding, so once again, as always your information is appreciated.

Thanks

Tracy

Every pond I've personally seen where the fish are fed and the capacity is beyond normal due to artificial feeding has resulted in a fish kill at some point.

I would tread very cautiously overstocking, and I would be prepared for the inevitable cleanup mess of rotting dead stinking fish after the kill.

Note I'm sure there are those who have a capacity well beyond and never experienced a fish kill, I'm only saying in 5 ponds where the owners feed feed feed and overstock all of these ponds have suffered a fish kill at some point. And it is always the largest most valuable and coveted fish that die first.