You may think having a hole dug while the equipment is there will save ya some bucks. Maybe or maybe not. There are plenty of folks here that hired a dirt guy vs a pond builder. BIG difference. You should talk to some locals with ponds about who did them, how well they are doing and a ballpark price. The more info ya get before the first dig is started will benefit you permanently.
If I were doing it I would consider two ponds. I think a fish pond would be very much different than a duck hunting pond. A duck pond should have different slopes and depth than a fishing pond. You could put them close enough together to have a permanent shooting blind/fishing equipment shed between the two.
You can establish food plots for ducks as easily as for deer. In fact the plots could do double to triple duty. Corn, beans, clover, Alfalfa and much more will attract Quail, pheasant, geese and lots of song birds as well.
Take your time and research everything thoroughly.
Good luck, document everything with a journal and lots of pics. keep us updated and ask lots of ?s

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.