Hi Jwetovick - a fellow Husker welcomes you to the forum!

Great advice so far here, you're in the right place. I work on a lot of fisheries in Nebraska and am happy to help in any manner I can - I specialize in cool water species fish [WE, YP, HSB, SMB]. I just purchased several hundred 8-10" YP and I'm feed training them in cages for personal use. I also purchase 12-15" WE every Fall for friends, both advanced sizes to help survive predation from apex predators. Just so you know, these size fish are available. My advice is free, here to help anyone I can anytime. Ping me if you want some local advice, I can help you with a stocking strategy, cover/structure, and fish sources if you need it. Also, too much to relate here, important help manage your expectations. Establishing WE and YP into a LMB/CC dominant fishery is a challenge per Esshup above - can be done, but need to walk you through the scenarios first. It's all going to start with major biomass reduction [see fishm_n above] [LMB, CC, CP, Carp] and then you need to consider what the WE and YP are going to utilize as forage. YOY BG will only take them so far. Feel free to email or call anytime. I have rarely experienced NE fisheries with LMB present feature a reliable YP or WE fishery [occasional angling survey], but if you're dedicated enough I think it can be done.

TJ

tj@hudlandmgmt.com

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]